The mini skirt
In 1955, Mary Quant joined her husband, and their accountant Archie McNair, to open a second hand shop on Kings Road in London, the "Bazaar"; became, in 1965, a place of artistic meetings, mix of music, design and art. She creates her own clothing line
Her skirts are becoming shorter since 1958, a development she considers practical and liberating, allowing women to run after a bus.
The mini skirt was born. In 1965, André Courrèges launched his short skirt, flared on the sides.